The TS-600 fixture is designed for In-Roadway Warning Lighting Systems installed in snowplow areas. Their enhanced self-cleaning feature makes them ideal for installations with inclines. And the use of High-bright LED technology makes them the perfect choice for solar powered applications where power consumption must be minimized. The Bi-Directional design allows backlighting of pedestrians in the crosswalk, further improving the pedestrian safety. The TS-600 comes standard as a bi-directional fixture, but may be customized to a uni-directional fixture (TS-601).
The TS-600 is typically used in crosswalk applications, but is often used in school zone or rail-road crossing, lane control for bridges and tunnels, wrong way warning, and toll booth or toll way lead-on applications.
All In-Roadway Warning Lighting System components are available from TSC. A typical installation would include a set of fixtures, a control system, one or more activation devices such as a pedestrian push button station or pedestrian detection pad, and flashing LED crossing signs.
Why Our TS-600 Is Better
- Corrosion resistant anodized aluminum body stands up to traffic wear and weather.
- Fully flush profile avoids damage that may be caused by snowplows.
- High static load rating (44,000 lb.) reduces likelihood of damage from heavy vehicles.
Superior Visibility and Energy Efficiency
- Bi-directional design improves visibility of pedestrians in crosswalk.
- High-bright LEDs are 250 times brighter than the Caltrans minimum standard making them clearly visible in daytime and under the worst weather conditions.
- High-bright LEDs consume only 2.5 watts per cartridge (5 watts per fixture) making them ideal for energy efficient solar power applications.
- Re-usable design reduces the cost, effort and time during resurfacing of the road.
- Self-cleaning lens design reduces build-up of dirt and need for frequent cleaning.
- Pre-focused optics eliminates the requirement of field adjustments.
- Long life LEDs (Average rated life of 10 years) reduces frequency of replacement.
- Factory sealed optical cartridge design reduces field maintenance issues.
How to Specify
How to Specify the TS-600 Fully-Flush, Self-Cleaning, Bi-Directional Fixture
Download How to Specify: TS-600 (Word, 24KB)
The fixture shall be model TS-600 as marketed by Traffic Safety Corporation or approved equal. In order to be considered equal, the alternate fixture shall satisfy the following requirements.
Construction – The fixture shall be bi-directional and of modular design comprised of a top casting and two (2) pre-focused optical cartridges made of high tensile strength aluminum alloy. The fixture shall be 0.00″ above grade when mounted in the factory supplied mounting base. The diameter of the fixture shall not exceed 8″ and all mounting hardware shall be stainless steel.
Durability – The fixture shall withstand a static load of 44,000 lb. without sustaining permanent deformation or cracking of materials. Leads, gaskets, etc. shall be rated to withstand 300 degrees F.
LED/Light Cartridge – Each lens shall be molded of high performance optical grade glass and formed in a removable factory sealed optical cartridge. Two cartridges required per fixture. Each cartridge consumes 2.5 watts per cartridge (5 watts per fixture) during the activation period of the fixture.
Photometric Performance – The fixture shall have both daytime and nighttime visibility exceeding that of a 50-watt halogen lamp, using a yellow light.
Finish – The fixture shall be anodized natural aluminum and be dark grey in color.
Mounting Base – Fixtures shall be installed in a mounting base (TSC’s #BA-725-5-2MR) of high strength steel, hot dip galvanized after fabrication per ASTM-153 specifications, with a 7.25″ diameter bolt circle, a 0.75″ mud ring, and standard base depth of 5″. The mud ring shall be detachable from the base. Mounting base without mud ring shall be made available upon request. The base shall be supplied with stainless steel bolts and a plywood cover to protect the mounting flange during installation. The height of the base shall be adjustable using spacers or extensions to facilitate roadway resurfacing.
Warranty – The fixture shall be warranted against defects in workmanship and materials for one year from date of shipment and is eligible for TSC’s 5-Year Limited System Warranty.