Our Rectangular Rapid Flashing Beacons (RRFBs) are used to supplement warning signs at uncontrolled intersections or mid-block crosswalks. Our RRFBs feature flashing, high-intensity LEDs that alert motorists that pedestrians are using the crosswalk. Studies have shown that RRFBs significantly increase driver yielding behavior.
Our RRFB Systems consist of a yellow LED RRFB light bar, a flashing or unlighted traffic sign, and a push-button.
- Pedestrian crossings
- School crossings
- School zones
- High intensity LEDs command the attention of drivers and significantly increase driver yield rates.
- LEDs visible under all weather conditions.
- Easy installation with minimal traffic disruptions.
- MUTCD Section 2A.07 / 2A.08 Compliant
- Flash rate per MUTCD guidelines.
- Yellow LED RRFB light bar.
- Flashing or unlighted traffic sign.
- LED life expectancy over 100,000 hours.
- Solar or AC powered.
- Day and night visibility.
- Push-button transmitter.
- Fast, easy installation.
- Keyed on/off switch.
- Easy battery replacement in field.
- Quick LED light replacement.
- Multiple mounting hardware options.