Compliance and Applications
U.S. DOT (FMCSA) 49 CFR §§ 392.25 & 393.95(g)
MUTCD Type A (flashing) and Type C (solid on)
MIL-SPEC/MIL-STD 810 for shock, vibration, and water-resistance
Military, law enforcement, and emergency medical service (MedEvac) operations often require temporary or portable helicopter landing zones (LZs). The PowerFlare can be rapidly deployed to provide perimeter lighting to mark the LZ. The compact (4″) beacons emit 360° of ultra-bright LED light, visible up to 10 miles away. Since the light output is angled and diffused, the pilot’s night vision is less likely to be impaired when the aircraft makes its approach or hovers above the LZ. To further improve LZ safety, vehicles, personnel, and gurneys can also be marked with PowerFlare beacons.
The PowerFlare comes in two models: rechargeable and non-rechargeable. The rechargeable beacons are designed for daily use, while the non-rechargeable model has a user-replaceable lithium battery that has a 10 year storage life and won’t leak in harsh temperatures. This allows for safe, long-term storage in a car trunk or first aid kit.
Our PowerFlare 6-Pack Rechargeable System comes with 6 of the beacons in a rugged recharging case. The smart recharger (no “memory effect”) is plugged into a vehicle hot point (12-30VDC) or, for charging in the office or home, can be plugged into a 120VAC receptacle with optional adapter.
The PowerFlare is waterproof and so tough, it can withstand being run over by trucks at highway speeds. Unlike flashlights with alkaline batteries or light sticks, PowerFlare beacons can handle extreme temperatures and many HAZMAT situations (intrinsically safe). The LED bulbs are unbreakable and can operate thousands of hours. PowerFlare beacons have been proven with some of the most demanding users in the world: military, special forces, SWAT teams (tactical infrared available), rescue units, law enforcement and first responders.
- Helicopter Landing Zones (LZs): perimeter lighting.
- Airport safety: temporary runway/taxiway marking.
- Tactical operations (military): infrared (IR) model available.
- Search and rescue (SAR) operations: emergency response teams (ERT, CERT).
- Traffic control, work zone safety: beacons can be placed on ground or “wedged” inside of standard traffic cones.
- Use as lantern in case of power failure, earthquake, hurricane or other disaster.
- 360° safety light for cars, motorcycles and bicycles (optional mounting magnets available).
- SCUBA diving/boating: waterproof to 80′.
- Personnel safety: can be clipped on belts, backpacks.
- LED colors: red, amber, blue, green, white, or infrared (IR).
- Flash up to 100 hours (rechargeable), 150 hours (non-rechargeable).
- 10 flash patterns, including ‘S-O-S’ (Morse) and solid-on (lantern).
- Waterproof, rugged, high grade military polymer shell.
- Superior visibility: over 10 miles from the air.
- Rugged: waterproof, can withstand extreme impact.
- Rapid deployment: rechargeable beacons automatically activate when removed from the charger.
- Deployable in harsh environments: can handle extreme temperatures and many HAZMAT situations.
- Compact: about the size of a hockey puck, reducing vulnerability to rotor wash and wind.
- Versatile: can be used for traffic control, as a warning light, as a rescue beacon.
- Tactical: can be deployed for clandestine LZs, drop zones.
- Environmentally friendly: no pollution or fire danger.
- Made in the USA: Don’t waste your money or sacrifice your safety with cheap imitations, buy quality American-made beacons.
PowerFlare 6-Pack Rechargeable System comes with a rugged recharging case.