Our Photo-Sensor Bollard is a passive detection device used to trigger in-pavement crosswalk lights or LED pedestrian signs used with the TS1250 crosswalk lighting system. Typically, a pair of bollards is placed at each end of a crosswalk. When a pedestrian passes between the two bollards, an IR light beam is ‘broken’, and the crosswalk lighting system is activated.
- Passive detection, no pedestrian input required.
- Directionally sensitive IR sensor only activates when pedestrian enters crosswalk, not when he or she exits.
- Easy sensor alignment via independent swivel mounts.
- Vandal-proof stainless steel fasteners.
- Quick and easy installation.
- Rugged design.