Our Rectangular Rapid Flashing Beacons (RRFBs) are used to supplement warning signs at uncontrolled intersections or mid-block crosswalks. Our RRFBs feature flashing, high-intensity LEDs that alert motorists that pedestrians are using the crosswalk. Studies have shown that RRFBs significantly increase driver yielding behavior.
RRFBs are placed on both sides of a crosswalk below a pedestrian crossing sign and above an arrow sign that points at the crossing. Pedestrians can manually activate RRFBs with a push-button or passively with photo-sensor bollards.
- Pedestrian crossings
- School crossings
- School zones
- High intensity LEDs command the attention of drivers and significantly increase driver yield rates.
- LEDs visible under all weather conditions.
- Easy installation with minimal traffic disruptions.
- MUTCD Section 2A.07 / 2A.08 Compliant with push-button activation.
- MUTCD compliant flash pattern: Wig-Wag + Simultaneous (WW+S).
- Yellow LED RRFB light bar.
- Optional Pedestrian Confirmation Light alerts pedestrians that the RRFB is flashing.
- Single or double-sided (back-to-back) configuration.
- LED life expectancy over 100,000 hours.
- Solar or AC powered.
- Day and night visibility.
- Automatic dimming at night to reduce glare.
- Push-button or Photo-Sensor Bollard activation.
- Fast, easy installation.
- Easy battery replacement in field.
- Quick LED light replacement.
- Multiple mounting hardware options.
Shown with RRFB, pedestrian crossing sign, crosswalk arrow sign, and push-button station (left).
Shown with RRFB, school zone crossing sign, crosswalk arrow sign, and push-button station (right).
RRFBs are placed on both sides of a crosswalk in a single or double-sided (back-to-back) configuration.