Guardian Wave™ is an independent 4-wire accessible pedestrian signal, equipped with a non-contact infrared actuation sensor. Pedestrians place a call by waving a hand in front of the wave icon (1″-3″ near the physical actuator).
The Guardian Wave is ready to install out of the box and does not require any additional equipment in the intersection control cabinet. A four-conductor cable connects the Signal Power Interface (SPI) in the pedestrian signal head to the pedestrian station. The housing is machined from solid 6061 T6 AL and stainless-steel materials, making it extremely vandal resistant and able to withstand severe impacts. The Guardian provides essential information via visual and audible indications required by the MUTCD and TAC, making the intersection accessible for all pedestrians. All sounds emanate from the front and side of the station where the pedestrian is positioned to enter the crosswalk. The Guardian comes complete with station body and ADA compliant push-button, sign, SPI module, and mounting hardware.
Bluetooth® is an optional add-on module that allows the agency to configure the push-button settings wirelessly with a Bluetooth enabled smart device via the PedConnex™ app (Windows, Android, iOS).
Bump™ NFC w/ Bluetooth utilizes the Bluetooth add-on with additional NFC for non-contact actuation functionality. A pedestrian can simulate a button press by placing their NFC enabled smart device near the Guardian Bluetooth module via the PedCross™ app (Windows, Android, iOS). Agencies will enjoy the previously mentioned Bluetooth benefits.
- Touchless actuation for a germ-free crossing experience
- Available to all pedestrians without smart devices, and doesn’t require a proprietary app.
- Out of the box and on to the pole, pre-programmed and customized for true plug and play installation at the intersection
- PedConnex and PedConnex Bluetooth are downloadable software applications for USB and Bluetooth interface allowing configuration and customization. (Windows, Android, iOS)
- Quiet Signal Technology™ includes settings for time of day, day of week functionality, and port baffles that provide sound directionality where and when you want it
- Configuration profiles can be saved and downloaded for quick button set-up and recovery in knockdown situations
- Fail-safe default reverts to standard push-button operation in the event of power loss, to keep intersections running safely
- A variety of display sizes and legends with security hardware provide a customized, secured pedestrian station
- Low power consumption allows Guardian to work properly with RRFBs and solar mid-block crossings
- Hardware options allow Guardian to be extended and re-oriented to make difficult installations meet MUTCD, AASHTO, and TAC guidelines